I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

My Goal for 2012


 Today I was pondering on the fact that 2011 is over. It is time to start fresh with the new year. So many things I want to do in 2012. So many thing's I want to accomplish. I want to fall in love. I want to see my kids dreams come true. I want to learn to paint. But above all that I want  a closer walk with my Lord and Savior. Joel Osteen sent out an email that said all I was thinking. It covers that we don't need to be perfect we just need to have a heart for him. I have copied it here to share with you.

This time of year, people often take time to reflect and set goals for the New Year. But have you ever set “perfection” as a goal on your list?

Now, that may seem a little strange or unobtainable to many, but really, in God’s eyes perfection isn’t about performance. In fact, it isn’t about behavior at all. What God is looking for is a heart that is perfect toward Him. Scripture says that man looks on the outside, but God looks at the heart. That means that He is more pleased with someone who has a heart toward Him who may mess up than He is with someone doing all the right things for all the wrong reasons.

The condition of your heart is extremely important to God. When you have a right heart, you are humble before Him. You seek His ways. You get up each day with a desire to please Him. You submit every area of your life to Him, and you are willing to make adjustments and receive correction so you can grow and come up higher.

As you prepare for the coming year, make knowing Him your number one priority. Yield yourself to Him and let Him shape your character. Serve Him with all your might and let your heart be perfect toward Him!
Thank you Joel for reminding me of my main goal of 2012.

Thank you...... to you for sharing this past year with me here. I cant wait to see what happens in 2012. I wish you and your family a Happy New Year!! May all your dreams come true.
Terri

1 comment:

  1. Terri,
    I have read a lot of Happy New Year messages on various sites that I have visited, but your posting, has been by far, the one that impacted me the most. Truth, clearly stated is very moving, and I applaud your truthfulness. Perfection only exists in JESUS CHRIST, but those who believe in and trust Him have the opportunity and the power to become more like Him.
    I have enjoyed your posts for awhile now and pray that your goals for 2012 are met. Just remember, "With God ALL things are possible."
    Happy New Year 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri