I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quick trip to Mardi Gra ( New Orleans)..... Ohhhhhh how fun






My brother ask me to make him a Mardi Gra tree. I made him one a few years ago and he loved it. He loves Mardi Gra and has friends in New Orleans. He is heading to NO for New years and wanted to take them a MG tree. He wanted a small tree and also wanted me to decorate it for $20.

To do that I would have to make most of the decorations. MG colors are green gold and purple. I could find plenty of gold in the cheapo section of any Christmas store decoration dept but the green and purple proved harder to find at a bargain. I started off with gold pre lit tree. At the dollar store I found a purple boa, purple tinsel,and purple string beads. I bought white Santa head, white birds and brown/white birds. I dyed them all purple and hot glued them to the tree. I also glittered the inside of a few small ornaments purple. I sprayed painted some large bells I already had purple and some green.

I couldn't find anything in the green color that was at a reasonable price. So I made a few things in green. I glittered the outside of a few Christmas ornaments too. I cut mask and jester hat from green card stock from Designer Calendar cart. I hot glued everything to the tree.

I hear in NO they leave their Christmas tree up until Mardi Gra and just change out the decorations. Now his friend will have her own MG tree. This was a lot of fun to make. Brought back some happy memories for me  too. NO is a beauitful city. If you ever get the chance to go you should.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Crafting
Terri

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness, Terri!!!!!!!!!

    Your tree rocks!!! :) You are so creative!!! I love the way you died the Santa head! Your brother's friend is going to be in heaven!

    I love New Orleans, too! I would go back just for the food (but then there's the jazz, the plantations, swamp cruises, and all the fun!)!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer. I love the city too. So much there to love!!! It was fun to do this for my brother. Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri