I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tims Tag #6 (maybe my favorite)




Wow !!!! tag # 6 and I am still impressed with Tim's skills. I have never used foil with an embossing folder. I have to say I LOVE it. When you sand off the color the silver comes out. Its looks amazing. Perfect for anything Christmas.


Once again however I did not have any of his supplies on the list. So I used 4 embossing folders I had, foil from my kitchen and acrylic paint and a sanding block. I got a great result.

I embossed the folders that looked "christmasy" (anything that has a swirl or tree), cutting out sections I wanted to use. They need to be glued  raised side down on a tag (cut at 6 inches from Joys of the season). I then picked 4 colors of paint and painted lightly on a heavy coat of paint. Once that was dried I sanded off the top layer. The silver from the foil popped out. I love that look. I think I will invest in some foil papers. I know they will do an even better job than the foil from my kitchen.
The wreath was cut at 2 inches from Joys of the Seasons. I painted it several shades of gray and then green. I added dots of red paint for the berries. I tied it with some red and white yarn. I went around the edges of the tag with black paint. I did use clear embossing power over the finsihed tag. It gave the tag an even better shine.

This is a technique I will do again. I really like the look of the foil.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Crafting
Terri

4 comments:

  1. Nice tag, I have done the foil (learned you have to fold it a few layers to work well) and I like the look of it but I haven't done it with the inks will have to try that. So far so good, looking forward to the next tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you use what you have. I buy supplies then forget what project I bought them for. I need to follow you example and use what I have. I love Tim Holtz and your tags are lovely without using his supplies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree more with what the last person said in the comments. Using what you have on hand is more of a challenge, but rewarding none the less. Looking forward to the next one you make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri