I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Captured Fairy in a Jar

Today I watched a Ustream video that ArteDar did of a Captured Fairy. It was the cutest thing. I made one this morning and I love it!!!!!! I want to make at least 5 others. I have a ton of ideas. Different Fairies, different jars, different laces. The ideas are endless. I made a tag for her jar after I took the pictures to show you guys. I used the same message as ArteDar. It says :
   Specimen 6057
  Found in North Field.
     Had to use net.

Here are her links if you want to watch her Ustream video. Its about an hour long but worth ever second. She is a sweet talented lady. You can also find her on Youtube. http://www.ustream.tv/user/ArteDar
 
I got my fairy from a book of full color cut outs. You could also do a stamp colored with Copics or a digi stamp. Everything I used in this project I had in my craft room. You got to love that. Finally something beside a card  !!

I used an old Starbucks cold coffee bottle as my jar. The jar is about 6 inches tall. It was the perfect size for my small fairy. I got my little girl turned fairy from a book called Full Color Floral Vignettes By Dover.

I used twigs from my back yard. I used flowers I made from my Cricut on the inside of the bottle. Her wings were a small metal butterfly. I cut the bottom wings off and just used the top part for her wings. You could use a small butterfly from a Cricut cart for her wings.
I decoupaged old text and music sheets to the back. Then I covered that with old lace and a  feather.

I used the lid that came with the bottle. I topped it with an old curtain rod end. I painted the lid and top with gold paint and touched it up with some black. It gave it some age. I hot glued the lid and top together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri