I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tims Tag #8 and Flashlight Collection






Oh my where to even start with this mornings tag. When I opened Tim's web page and saw this tag (I will be honest), I thought I need to skip this one. I didn't have any of the stamps or gears that could even come close to his tag. But I loved this tag, so I wanted to try.
He is so talented. With the help of my Cricut and a few carts and the net. I was able to make a tag I loved. Here is the list of the things I used and where I got the prints or cut from.

Tag base Picturesque cart cut at 3 inches. I inked red and green then went over it with brown ink. The white lines were made with white paint and the edge of folded paper. I drug the paper through the paint then tapped it to the tag.
Joy   letters I had on hand. I went over them with glossy accent ( wasn't dry in pic)
Tags   Smile stamp is from a stamp set I have
Hand   I used the same stamp set as above but printed a small hand from the net cut and pasted it to the stamp.
Men  I looked for prints on the net. Printed them out cut and pasted them ( loved it) Fast and easy. I hand cut the holly for the hat ( I loved the punch of color, Tim is so creative) add the red berries with the end of a paint brush and red paint.
Clock   face printed from the net. I went over it with silver ink. Cut and pasted it to tag. I hand cut a clock hand painted it sliver.
Silver tag at bottom was from my stash.
Gears cut from textured Kraft paper. Then painted with metallic paint. All 4 were cut from Accent Essentials cart
page 66 cut at 2 and 1 1/2 shadow
page 39 1 inch
Page 33 ( top gear) 2 inches left unpainted
On the med and small gear I cut off every other stroke.

Also I didn't have a pen to add to my tag so I added a paint brush instead. I cut it off an old brush I had and dipped the tip of the brush in silver metallic paint.


Wow this was a wild  ride. I must admit  I loved the results.

Oh I forgot to mention. The light bulb hanging at the top came from my Flashlight collection. Here is a pic of a very small selection of my 100's of flashlights. I collect flashlights from the early 1900s to the 70's.
Thanks so much for stopping by
Happy Crafting
Terri

3 comments:

  1. How inventive!!! It looks terrific!
    I am already plotting how to design some gears on the Cricut.
    Using just an Alphabet Cartridge earlier this week I managed to recreate the snowman for day #4. Gonna have to pull up Craft Room and see what I can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far this one maybe my favorite. Thanks for all you do for us. You give us other options in what we may have and use them to our advantage in captioning ones creativity. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job Terri on the tag, the net is a great place to look for images or stamps you don't have (I do it all the time) and it all worked out well in the end. I might have to do this next year with all the inspiration your giving to us cricut owners!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri