I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Marion Smith's 31 Day Challenge

So now what? Its the new year! what direction do I want to go now? I have thinking the past few months about a direction change in my blog this next year. I love making cards and will always make cards. Its my true love.
  As I stated in my last post I want to learn to paint....but I have no talent to paint. I know this but like most things I jump into, I do it anyway. Lack of talent, lack of funds or the lack of common sense has never stopped me before.
 I have been following a blog by Christy Tomlinson  http://christytomlinson.typepad.com/   I love her mixed media art work. I think I want to try and do some of her techniques. Its as close to painting as I will ever get.  I also love Marion Smiths mix media work. http://weareartsyaddicts.blogspot.com/. Marion has a 31 day challenge this month. I was thinking I will get my feet wet in the mix media art world by doing her challenge. My book will be done with mix media.  I will use some of Marion's techniques and some of Christies and some I make up.

Here is the book I choose to use for my Mix Media 31 day book about me.
it is 9 x10. The pages will be 8 x 81/2
Let's all remember I have NEVER done any mixed media art work like this. I did do a card last year that has some mix media http://ramblingsofatexascraftroom.blogspot.com/2011/04/video-paris-inspired-card.html Looking over all my post this past year, that card was my favorite card. So I guess I need to explore this side of the craft world and see where it takes me. I hope you will come along with me. So this could be a wonderful learning experience or a bust. Time will tell. I best get my supplies together and get my camera. I hope you take this 31 day challenge with me.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Crafting 2012
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri