I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

My Keepsake Box

As you can tell I'm back to posting. The reorigination is going slow but I am making progress. I have been working on cutting a ton of  vinyl for all the wall art in my new craft room. I now have at least one table cleared off. I have some of my supplies in order. My Cricut is plugged in and has been very busy. This project however that I worked on tonight, I didn't even turn on my Cricut.
 I saw a video on youtube by IluvVintageScrap. Her video is here http://youtu.be/RXcfZjWqWwg. She did a beautiful keepsake letter box. She got the idea from a tutorial on youtube by Micheles Rubber Room. Her video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2kArL5ydBw&feature=related.

Here is my take on the box. I made my box with more of a personal souvenir box than just a decorative box. I used an envelope on the top of my box that is a personal envelope that was addressed to me. The card that came in the envelope and the person who addressed the envelope has special meaning to me. Inside the box I plan to keep a personal keepsake from the person who addressed the envelope. This box technique certainly would make a wonderful decorative box. But it also is a great way to save a personal addressed envelope. We get so few handwritten letters anymore. Cards are about the only mail I have received in a last few years that has been hand addressed. How special it would be to save an envelope from a special person  that has been address to you. I cant wait to get one addressed to me by my 5 year old granddaughter.

You can used any size envelope as long as you can find 6-8 other empty envelopes ( new or used)  close to the same size to make your envelope stack.

 There are tons of important addressed envelopes. Such as you could use an envelope that was addressed to your teenager, when they were excepted to college. You could use that envelope for the top envelope and make a great keepsake box to celebrate that occasion.



I also did the inside of my box differently then Michele did on her tutorial. I couldn't get the inside of my box to look like hers. But I AM measure challenged lol Soooo how I did the inside was I cut 4 pieces to fit inside the box. One for each side instead of one fitted piece. I did add some sunflower fabric trim to the inside top of my box. Sunflowers have a special meaning to me so I added it to my box.



I hope you make one of these great boxes. I plan to sit mine on a shelf in my new craft room. I do plan to have some pictures posted of the new room. I worked on a video but it just was to shaky. I think pictures of each area will work better. So I will work on that this weekend.

If you have any questions about the keepsake box I made please leave me a note.

Happy Crafting
Terri

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Looks like a stack of special old letters or cards. Who would ever know it was a box? Great place to store special keepsake items or even copies of obituaries, just about any little items that mean alot to you. Great project !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri