I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New Years 2013 Card


Happy New Year 2013
Looks like its that time again. Time to welcome in a new exciting year! It's also time for me to be the designer for the CAD blog. If you came over from CAD to see the card I designed today.... Thank you! I hope you make  a few of these for yourself and  the ones you love.
 
 We all are expecting an exciting new year in 2013. This card would be a good way to let someone
know your ready to welcome the new year in with great joy.
 
Here's  how I made this card.
 
I used some blue mirror paper for my front mat.  Then I cut my martini glass and the word cheers from the cricut cart,  Designers Calendar.  The glass and cheers come as one cut from this cart. This is an oldie but a goodie cart. There are so many great cuts on this cart.
 
I cut the glass/cheers twice. Once in the grey card stock  at 4.50" and again in red glitter paper. I cut away the "glass" and glued the glittered "cheers " on top of the grey "cheers". I used a green marker to color in my olives.  I used some foam tape to pop up the cheers/glass. The  2013 was also cut from the same red glitter paper. I used a Tim Holts die to cut the numbers. They are about 1.5 "
 
The balloons were cut from The Hoot and Holler cart. I cut the balloons at  3". I  cut away the tail's that were on the balloons.  I used some acetate strips to hold up my balloons, inside my pop up. I wanted to see the tops of the balloon's while the card was closed. So I made the strips long enough to be seen at the top of my card. If you don't want your balloons to be seen before the card is open. Simply place the pop up lower inside your card.
 
Nowon to the inside
 

I have used a small pop up inside my card to hold my balloons. This is very easy to make and  then glue inside your card.

 
Fold your card stock (used same color as your card base. I used red here to show you how it will look). Cut the corner off. I used the measurements of 2.5 across the top and 3.5 down the spine. I scored the corner and glued it inside my card. I then cut strips of acetate and glued on the inside of the pop up. I glued my balloons to the acetate. I glued balloons to both sides of the acetate strips.
 Thank you for stopping by. If you have any questions please email me. Sugarlite02@aol.com

If you haven't been over to the CAD blog. Please stop by there. On the CAD blog we post a new cart everyday 365 a year. There is always  some wonderful inspiration waiting for you.
www.cardaday.blogspot.com
Happy Crafting in 2012
Terri

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card! Love that blue background paper. Thanks for the great explanation on the popup too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri