I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Flower Shaped Birthday Card


Helooooo everyone.. So happy to have you stop by my blog today. I made this cute little flower shaped birthday card for my friend Daisys 50th birthday.

I used a Xyron Shapez made by Spellbinder flower  metal die to make my card base and decorate the front of my card. The leaves were a spellbinders metal die too.
The card base was made using the largest of the 5 dies. I placed the die just slightly off the top of the folded card stock. Then ran it through my cuddle bug.


This gives me a great folded card. That is already cut in the flower shape. I then cut all 5 layers of the die cut  for my flowers. I alternated light and dark card stock to make my flower. 

I placed the leaves on the card stock first then layered my flower cuts. The lovely bird is a diecut from K and Co.

I hope you enjoy making this card as much as I did. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
Happy Crafting in 2012

4 comments:

  1. Hi Terri,

    What a beautiful card!!! :) I have to try making a shaped card with my Spellbinders (keep meaning to)! That bird is amazing, too!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to share,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card. Really like the way it turned out, the bird is a nice addition. I also like the include 1st layer covering the card base (don't see that to often) it gives it a sweet look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, that is just tooooo cute!

    Love your blog and I'm your newest follower!
    Would love for you to stop by my blog sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies. This is my fav card so far this year. I plan to make a ton of these. So easy and so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri