I have been Published

I will have Two cards in the

July 2011 Issue

Also Three cards in the

Sept/Oct 2011 Issue

The Bug Magazine


















Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Barbie Bed is finally finished

Ok here is a pic of the Barbie bed I made over for my granddaughter for Christmas. I decided to paint it out white. It took several coats to cover the multi-colored paint job it had when I found it at the second hand shop. I then decided to cover the "mattress" with Con-Tact paper. I found some great white with pink Pooka-dot contact paper at Big Lots. Once that was covered I hot glued the gathered pink lace to the sides like a bed ruffle. I cut out the Barbie sign on heavy card stock using my Gypsy and glued it to the "head board". It was a lot of fun to revamp. I know she will enjoy placing her Barbie's to sleep on it each night. Her Mom plans to hang it in her room. We decided not to make pillows or covers. Mom had night mares just thinking about having to keep up with all that. This shall do just fine.
Before Pic cost $7.00


In Progress, several coats of paint
paint cost $3.00


I took wood putty and covered up the engraving
then covered the Head Board with contact paper
Coat of wood putty $3.00


Finished!!
Cost of Con-tac paper $2.00

Trash to Treasure  cost: $15.00                    
 Labor of Love   cost :  Hugs and Kisses

I love it~Terri

1 comment:

  1. Dear Terri:

    Good evening. Just checked out the Barbie Bed you created for Kimmy. You told me about it today. You failed to mention what an artist you are.

    That is truly a work of art. Amazing what love can accomplish.

    John

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Id love to hear your thoughts. If you leave me your email I will respond.
Terri